This position supports a team that performs threat auditing of a major federal customer’s networks and provides investigative support to counterintelligence and law enforcement elements within the agency. The Cyber Security Application Engineer provides management for cyber applications and infrastructure support across a collection of cyber security tools used to provide cyber monitoring for a major federal agency.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the oversight of the Forcepoint application's operations in the user community
- Coordinate and respond to users in a timely manner on application technical matters
- Perform testing of complex security related systems to support ongoing deployment on associated enclaves
- Work closely with vendors, team lead, technical lead, database architects/administrators, other systems engineers, project/program managers, users and government customers to develop, implement, maintain and upgrade the cyber security application.
- Publish standards, policies, and procedures, and work with development staff to standardize environment and improve efficiency.
- Other support includes licensing administration, troubleshooting system issues and errors, reviewing vendor provided support materials and monitoring application performance in accordance with customer Information Technology policies and procedures.
- Provide third party Forcepoint application support
- Support industry-specific security application, assist with deployments and installations, configuration management and troubleshooting.
- Support mission-focused application to ensure performance and availability of system and environment
- Schedule and coordinate system maintenance activities to reduce impact to production environment
- Modify and execute scripts to generate coverage reports
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Engineering, or Cyber Security disciple
- Interim Secret Required to Start (Top Secret Preferred)
- Minimum of seven years of applied systems engineering experience
- Experience with Active Directory
- Enterprise support and deployment of multiple operating systems (e.g. Windows 2008, 2012, Linux)
- Proficiency in process automation using multiple scripting and development tools including, but not limited to: Shell scripting, PowerShell, Perl, Ruby, or Python
- Working knowledge of information security and IT standards like ISO 27002, NIST 800-53, ITIL, etc.
- Experience with automated deployment tools (e.g., SCCM)
- Understanding of data privacy principles and regulations (breach notification, etc.)
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teaming skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
Certifications: Preferred but not absolutely required.