Competitive Innovations, LLC (CI) is seeking an Office Management Specialist to support the Office of the Assistant Secretary, Bureau Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs (OES/FO). The Office Management Specialist supports the OES/FO in many areas, including through communication of decisions and/or recommendations which have broad impact throughout Bureau operations, maintaining appropriate and clear channels of guidance and communication throughout the Department of State, and providing high caliber administrative support and effective task management.
- Serves as an Office Management Specialist to the Assistant Secretary, the Deputy Assistant Secretaries, and Senior Advisors, coordinating and assisting in the accomplishment of administrative and operational issues, processes, and business needs.
- Serve as the Travel Arranger for team members, including preparing travel authorizations, obtaining visas and making reservations; working with the OES-DRL/EX Travel Team in closing out travel vouchers and uploading receipt.
- Maintain calendars and schedule meetings.
- Maintains liaison with OES offices to ensure that deadlines are met for the work tasked by S/ES, the Assistant Secretary, Deputy Assistant Secretaries, or the Senior Advisors.
- Coordinates with the OES Staff Assistant(s) and support staff in bureau offices to track and monitor correspondence within the Bureau.
- Makes necessary corrections or returns documents to originator for changes.
- Determines the feasibility of meeting deadlines on specific documents and notifies originator if an extension is required.
- Takes action to avoid, minimize, or eliminate these problems in the short and long-term.
- Exercise independent judgment in performing and executing duties.
- Make recommendations to promote efficiency and productivity and fulfill mission requirements.
- Schedule meetings and ensuring appropriate calendar accuracy. General word-processing and other office support functions.
- Monitor business processes to improve OES administrative operations to better meet Bureau goals and objectives.
- Provide advice and assistance in the control and administration of OES operations and the establishment and application of administrative criteria to achieve mission objectives.
- Provide courteous and responsive service to the Bureau personnel.
- Foreign and domestic travel as required.
- Secret level security clearance
- HUBZone residents, preferred (check status here: https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map#center=39.828200,-98.579500&zoom=5)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent years of experience
- 2+ years of administrative support experience
- Experience scheduling, planning, and organizing both internal and external meetings; calendar management; and travel arrangements/processing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; with strong proof-reading/editing skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Microsoft Office (or equivalent) proficiency