Competitive Innovations, LLC is seeking an Office Administrator/Administrative Assistant to support the Office of the Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor (DRL/FO). The position works directly with the DRL Front Office (FO), U.S. Department of State (DoS) to provide a wide range of administrative support activities that advance U.S. foreign policy goals pertaining to human rights and democracy around the world.
- Monitor and review all incoming and outgoing correspondence/action and determining the proper action to be taken, with consultation only as necessary; forward assignments to appropriate staff members.
- Proofread and edit completed work to ensure that the proper clearances and coordination have been obtained and completed assignments meet objectives.
- Maintain DRL/FO calendars and schedule meetings, both internally and externally, and speaking engagements.
- Ensure time and attendance on TATEL is accurate for direct reports and other FO staff as needed.
- Serve as the Travel Arranger for the DRL/FO individuals as necessary, including preparing travel authorizations, obtaining visas and making reservations; working with the OES-DRL/EX Travel Team in closing out travel vouchers; and uploading receipts.
- Assist in data entry for annual performance evaluations of staff via ePerformance software system.
- Facilitate procurement of office supplies.
- Keep office phone lists, safe combination information, and other internal information up to date and distributed on an as-needed basis.
- Provide courteous and responsive service to visitors and callers, including by answering the phone and buzzing visitors into the suite, and escorting visitors for the DRL/FO and others as appropriate within the building.
- Run errands related to State Department business as necessary. Photocopy and fax documents.
- Make repair, cleaning, and physical maintenance requests as necessary.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the Bureau SharePoint website.
- Secret level security clearance (required)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or 4 years of experience, or Associates degree and two years of experience
- Demonstrated administrative support experience in an office environment
- Experience scheduling, planning, and organizing both internal and external meetings; calendar management; and travel arrangements/processing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; with strong proof-reading/editing skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and SharePoint