Competitive Innovations, LLC is seeking a Program Performance Analyst to augment the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Budget and Planning (BP), Performance Reporting & Evaluation (OPP/PRE) Division (OPP/PSP) strategic performance staff in completion of the Joint Strategic Plan (JSP) and ensuring that the JSP meets the elements required by legislation and other federal government requirements. This support includes establishing performance goals, metrics, and learning agenda questions under each JSP strategic objective. This support will address the needs of not only the development of the JSP in year-one, but will also participate in the initial management, monitoring, and evaluation of post-JSP publication activities. This is a full-time position located in Washington, DC.
- Managing performance plans and performance reporting.
- Assist in programmatic tasks supporting the completing of the Annual Evaluation Plan, Evidence Capacity Assessment, and Learning Agenda required under the Foundations for Evidence Based Policymaking Act.
- Augment BP's performance staff in coordinating development of all performance portions of the Joint Strategic Plan to include establishing performance goals, learning agenda questions, performance indicators, and milestones in support of achieving the Strategic Objectives identified in the plan.
- Support BP in overseeing the development of performance goals, key performance indicators, and milestones as part of the Joint Strategic Plan development.
- Support scheduled and emergent requirements identified as part of the overall Joint Strategic Planning process.
- Assist in drafting briefs to senior policymakers and bureau planners about progress in implementing strategic planning and performance policy; provides analysis for the review of Integrated Country Strategies by BP and the regional bureaus as well for the bureau strategic plans by the Department's senior leadership.
- Supports PRE's efforts to engage and support Department stakeholders in implementing strategic planning, performance management, and performance analysis initiatives.
- Support of other known and emergent PRE day-to-day activities and reporting requirements.
- Secret security clearance required to start in position.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint) proficiency, and an ability to learn and work with other software, as well as database applications.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods applicable to researching, analyzing, and writing regulatory material and related issue/policy memoranda and interpretations.
- Experience in tracking document flow and clearance processes and distribution of documents to appropriate personnel.
- Familiarity with principles and practices of knowledge management.
- Familiarity with formulating, writing, and implementing reporting mechanisms, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Experience in formulating and writing policies, processes, and procedures for management of the office.
- Experience in developing reports with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ability to learn and work with database applications.
- Demonstrated skills or knowledge of global internet access and research capabilities.
- Experience in program administration, operating procedures, oversight, and monitoring.
- Strong, timely and precise organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong critical and creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and multitask in a high volume, fast-pace work environment.
- Strong ability to also have a flexible, team-oriented approach to work.
- Excellent ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to exercise personal and professional discretion in handling projects of a sensitive nature.
- Exposure to U.S. foreign affairs agencies and/or international organizations.