Competitive Innovations, LLC (CI) is seeking a Sustainable Landscapes Program Analyst to support the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs, Office of Global Change (OES/EGC). The position provides support for OES/EGC’s engagement on climate change mitigation issues, particularly in relation to sustainable landscapes. This is a full-time position located in Washington, D.C.
- Support U.S. engagement in programs, global partnerships and trust funds related to sustainable landscapes, climate finance, mitigation and markets, including representing the U.S. on governance bodies, and providing oversight and representational responsibility.
- Help formulate and implement U.S. government policy on international climate change and related issues, particularly with respect to sustainable landscapes, REDD+ and agriculture issues, nationally determined contributions, mid-century strategies, climate finance and markets.
- Develop proposals for shaping international and bilateral programs; help ensure that the use of funds advances U.S. policies and objectives.
- Support U.S. participation in UNFCCC negotiations and other relevant international fora to advance U.S. interests.
- Support the Department’s development and implementation of climate-related foreign assistance programs, including support for monitoring and evaluation of grants to achieve results in areas such as sustainable landscapes, REDD+, climate-smart agriculture, and carbon markets.
- Draft memos, speeches, position papers, decision memoranda, talking points, meeting notes and summaries, correspondence, and other communications documents to advance U.S. climate policies and strategies.
- Travel globally needed.
- SECRET Security Clearance
- Master’s degree with relevant background (e.g. public policy, economics, law environment, or a related field)
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in international negotiations, projects, and/or programs, particularly with respect to sustainable landscapes and reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+) issues.
- Familiarity with REDD+ and sustainable landscapes policy and financing
- Experience in major REDD+/ sustainable landscapes partnerships, including the Forest Carbon Partnership Facility and Initiative for Sustainable Forest Landscapes.
- Experience with UNFCCC negotiations, including familiarity the state of play with ongoing negotiations
- Familiarity with the International Civil Aviation Organizations work to develop a new market mechanism
- Experience with innovative climate finance initiatives such as Global Innovation Lab for Climate Finance and the Pilot Auction Facility
- Strong project or program management, international negotiations, and strategic planning skills
- Exceptional written communications skills, with the ability to produce clear and compelling documents
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and ability to reliably deliver on multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Strong team player who is eager to help resolve difficult situations as they emerge
- Ability to work with a wide variety of actors, including policymakers, representatives of other governments, business and the non‐governmental community
- Ability to learn quickly the complex organizational structure of the Office of Global Change and its relationships with the Office of the Special Presidential Envoy for Climate change and other relevant Department offices and USG agencies.
- Ability to travel, domestic and/or international travel, as necessary
- Qualified candidates that are HUBZone residents, preferred (check your status here: https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map#center=39.828200,-98.579500&zoom=5)
Competitive Innovations (CI) is a technology partner and trusted advisor to government and industry customers with critical demand for information technology, program management, cyber security, mission support, and secure high integrity web-based solutions. Founded in July 1999, CI’s dedicated professional team is committed to excellence, persistence, and agility in solving complex challenges and delivering innovative solutions. CI is a SBA HUBZone certified small business concern, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner/CSP, Kentico Gold Partner, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedule Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) prime and Navy SeaPort-NxG prime contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or military/veteran status.