Competitive Innovations is seeking to fill a Network Analyst position to support a major federal agency branch that performs user activity auditing of computer networks and provides investigative support to counterintelligence and law enforcement elements utilizing industry standard system and network monitoring tools.
- Perform network monitoring, analysis and reporting of information security events
- Identify malevolent indicators of system and network activity data, define a source for the data, create policy to produce normalized daily auditable data
- Identify, prioritize, and track relevant cyber events, potential security and policy violations, incidents, and other anomalous activity
- Perform statistical analyses of data for the development of new data management techniques and operational improvements
- Prepare and review threat reports, assessments, briefings, and other written products
- Support the design and test of complex security related systems
- Support team in proactively monitoring system performance and improving system architecture to maximize performance and eliminate potential problems. Supports planning of backup and recovery of Windows and UNIX/Linux OS’s.
- Work closely with vendors, database architects/administrators, other systems engineers, project/program managers, and government customers to recommend maintenance activities and upgrades to the IT infrastructure.
- Perform user activity monitoring, analysis, and reporting, employing technical and non-technical disciplines to transform data into actionable information.
- Examine and analyze data, prioritize significant events for further investigation, correlate information with other information sources to establish context, and compile noteworthy information into analytic reports for working groups and senior management.
- Support licensing administration, troubleshooting system issues and errors, reviewing vendor provided support materials and monitoring system performance and data recoverability in accordance with customer Information Technology policies and procedures.
- Perform data acquisitions from live hosts located worldwide using various Windows and forensics tools, ensuring chain of custody and control procedures.
- Document tasks performed in detail to support active law enforcement investigations.
- Secret security clearance (TS Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience in information technology or security field
- Experience in behavioral, audit, security, and/or policy compliance analysis
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, team-based environment
- Ability to write and execute Oracle SQL queries
- Experience with Splunk, EnCase, IBM SPSS platform using the Modeler module
- Proficiency in process automation using multiple scripting and development tools including, but not limited to: PowerShell, Perl, Ruby, or Python
- Enterprise administrative support experience and deployment of multiple operating systems (e.g. Windows 2008, 2012, Linux)
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Windows Servers
- Understand and utilize Active Directory Domain Services, DHCP, DNS, WINS, TCP/UDP Ports and Protocols
- Experience working in a virtualized environment (e.g. VMWare)
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Working knowledge of firewall administration
- Strong quantitative and analytic abilities to analyze and validate data
- Detail-oriented and ability to meet deadlines and requests efficiently, multi-task and establish priorities)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite products (Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.) and Server
• CompTIA Security+
• CompTIA Network+
• Oracle SQL
Competitive Innovations (CI) is a technology partner and trusted advisor to government and industry customers with critical demand for information technology, program management, cyber security, mission support, and secure high integrity web-based solutions. Founded in July 1999, CI’s dedicated professional team is committed to excellence, persistence, and agility in solving complex challenges and delivering innovative solutions. CI is a SBA HUBZone certified small business concern, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner/CSP, Kentico Gold Partner, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedule Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) prime and Navy SeaPort-NxG prime contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or military/veteran status.