Competitive Innovations, LLC (CI) is seeking an Events & Communications Specialist to support the U.S. State Department, Office of Global Partnerships (GP). This position shall provide key administration, operational and events management support to GP, as well as develop content for outreach campaigns and manage social media engagement. The Contractor shall also provide general office support for a variety of administrative tasks. This is a full-time employee position located in Arlington, Virginia.
- Manage all aspects of meeting, workshop and other convening administration and facilitation.
- Provide logistical support for onsite and offsite (domestic or international) meetings, workshops, and other convenings.
- Design, edit, format, print, prepare, assemble, and distribute relevant documents, marketing collateral, folders, and presentations.
- Supply full range of audiovisual services to support meetings, workshops, and convenings.
- Implement communications plan for individual GP partnerships and initiatives and develop content for the office’s broader outreach and communications.
- Design, edit, and create content for one-pages, toolkits, and distribution lists to inform Department staff and engage external stakeholders of GP partnerships and initiatives.
- Conduct social media engagement to advance GP's communications plan(s), establish engagement targets, and track and report analytics to GP management.
- Carry out special projects and other duties as required.
- Secret level security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of year of related work experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in an office environment, preferably within the U.S. government.
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to work well with senior officials, staff, and interns.
- Strong organizations skills, a customer service orientation and excellent execution and follow through skills.
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative techniques for analyzing and measuring the effectiveness of programs.
- Strong graphic design skills.
- Experience implementing social media campaigns.
- Experience with events management.
- Ability to travel on a limited basis, including overseas travel to lead and/or participate in private sector engagement initiatives, trainings, and/or consultations with U.S. embassies.
Competitive Innovations (CI) is a technology partner and trusted advisor to government and industry customers with critical demand for information technology, program management, cyber security, mission support, and secure high integrity web-based solutions. Founded in July 1999, CI’s dedicated professional team is committed to excellence, persistence, and agility in solving complex challenges and delivering innovative solutions. CI is a SBA HUBZone certified small business concern, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner/CSP, Kentico Gold Partner, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedule Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) prime and Navy SeaPort-NxG prime contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or military/veteran status.