Competitive Innovations, LLC (CI) is seeking a junior-level Program Analyst role located in the Department of State’s Office of the Assistant Secretary, Bureau Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs (OES/FO). The primary responsibilitiy is to plan and assign tasks, coordinating taskings with relevant offices, to ensure a smooth workflow and that task deadlines are managed. The position engages in a diverse span of functional responsibilities and complex issues, including communication of decisions and/or recommendations which have broad impact throughout Bureau operations. The position requires high-level administrative support and effective task management from planning through to completion.
- Supports the Assistant Secretary, the Deputy Assistant Secretaries, and Senior Advisors, coordinating and assisting in the accomplishment of administrative and operational issues, processes, and business needs.
- Arranges travel for team members, including preparing travel authorizations, obtaining visas and making reservations; working with the OES-DRL/EX Travel Team in closing out travel vouchers and uploading receipt.
- Maintain calendars and schedule meetings.
- Liaise with OES offices to ensure that deadlines are met for the work tasked by S/ES, the Assistant Secretary, Deputy Assistant Secretaries, or the Senior Advisors.
- Coordinate with the OES Staff Assistant(s) and support staff in bureau offices to track and monitor correspondence within the Bureau.
- Makes necessary corrections or returns documents to originator for changes.
- Determines the feasibility of meeting deadlines on specific documents and notifies originator if an extension is required.
- Takes action to avoid, minimize, or eliminate these problems in the short and long-term.
- Exercise independent judgment in performing and executing duties.
- Make recommendations to promote efficiency and productivity and fulfill mission requirements.
- Schedule meetings and ensuring appropriate calendar accuracy. General word-processing and other office support functions.
- Monitor business processes to improve OES administrative operations to better meet Bureau goals and objectives.
- Provide advice and assistance in the control and administration of OES operations and the establishment and application of administrative criteria to achieve mission objectives.
- Provide courteous and responsive service to the Bureau personnel.
- Foreign and domestic travel as required.
- Secret level security clearance
- HUBZone residents, preferred (check status here: https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map#center=39.828200,-98.579500&zoom=5)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent years of experience
- Experience scheduling, planning, and organizing both internal and external meetings; calendar management; and travel arrangements/processing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; with strong proof-reading/editing skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, exercise sound judgment and work independently
- Possess strong Microsoft Office (or equivalent) skills with an ability to review and edit presentation materials, documents, and materials.
Competitive Innovations (CI) is a technology partner and trusted advisor to government and industry customers with critical demand for information technology, program management, cyber security, mission support, and secure high integrity web-based solutions. Founded in July 1999, CI’s dedicated professional team is committed to excellence, persistence, and agility in solving complex challenges and delivering innovative solutions. CI is a SBA HUBZone certified small business concern, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner/CSP, Kentico Gold Partner, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedule Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) prime and Navy SeaPort-NxG prime contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or military/veteran status.