Competitive Innovations, LLC (CI) is seeking to fill a Program Analyst role located in the Department of State’s Office of the Assistant Secretary, Bureau Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs (OES/FO). The primary responsibilitiy is to plan and assign tasks, coordinating taskings with relevant offices, to ensure a smooth workflow and that task deadlines are managed. The position engages in a diverse span of functional responsibilities and complex issues, including communication of decisions and/or recommendations which have broad impact throughout Bureau operations. The position requires high-level administrative support and effective task management from planning through to completion.
- Supports the Assistant Secretary, the Deputy Assistant Secretaries, and Senior Advisors, coordinating and assisting in the accomplishment of administrative and operational issues, processes, and business needs.
- Maintains an understanding of the major issues, current and long-term, which are being pursued by the bureau.
- Maintains liaison with the Office of the Secretary, Executive Secretariat (S/ES), the Operations Center, Department Principals, the offices of other Assistant Secretaries, and offices of Principals in other agencies, as necessary.
- Maintains liaison with OES offices to ensure that deadlines are met for the work tasked by S/ES, the Assistant Secretary, Deputy Assistant Secretaries, or the Senior Advisors.
- Coordinates with the other OES Staff Assistant(s) and support staff in bureau offices to track and monitor correspondence within the Bureau.
- Ensures the quality and timeliness of written products drafted within the Bureau by providing guidance, enforcing deadlines, and reviewing for format, style, coherence, accuracy, content, and clearances.
- Drafts documents as well as makes necessary corrections or returns documents to originator for changes.
- Advises Bureau personnel of overdue action items, upcoming deadlines, priority of issues, format and DoS/OES procedures for processing documentation.
- Responds to inquiries from both within and outside OES concerning the status, location, subject matter, and deadlines of documents and taskers.
- Determines the feasibility of meeting deadlines on specific documents and notifies originator if an extension is required.
- Takes action to avoid, minimize, or eliminate these problems in the short and long-term.
- Exercise independent judgment in performing and executing duties.
- Make recommendations to promote efficiency and productivity and fulfill mission requirements.
- Schedule meetings and ensuring appropriate calendar accuracy to facilitate scheduling.
- Monitor business processes to improve OES administrative operations to better meet Bureau goals and objectives.
- Provide advice and assistance in the control and administration of OES operations and the establishment and application of administrative criteria to achieve mission objectives.
- SECRET security clearance; Interim Secret required to start
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Demonstrated organizational, administrative, task planning and management skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute tasks, exercise sound judgment and work independently
- Proficiency with office technology to include Microsoft Office Suite to include ability to review and edit presentation materials, documents, and reports.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with strong proof-reading/editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced environment and multi-task with competing deadlines
- Ability to travel foreign and domestically as required
Competitive Innovations (CI) is a technology partner and trusted advisor to government and industry customers with critical demand for information technology, program management, cyber security, mission support, and secure high integrity web-based solutions. Founded in July 1999, CI’s dedicated professional team is committed to excellence, persistence, and agility in solving complex challenges and delivering innovative solutions. CI is a SBA HUBZone certified small business concern, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner/CSP, Kentico Gold Partner, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedule Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) prime and Navy SeaPort-NxG prime contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or military/veteran status.