Competitive Innovations is seeking a Content Management/Communications Specialist to work directly with the Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs’ (OES) Office of Science and Technology Cooperation (OES/STC) at the U.S. Department of State (DoS). The position is responsible for updating the written content on the online International Science, Technology, and Innovation Exchange (ISTIX) system and conducting and creating supplementary data analysis products on OES/STC policy priorities to host on ISTIX and be used in other OES-led written and digital products.
- Identify data sources and create digital and visual content that communicates U.S. policy on science, technology, and innovation issues for distribution within and outside the Department.
- Work with State Department offices and bureaus and interagency partners to ensure written and visual content on ISTIX across a variety of topics (agriculture, research security, health, environment, State Department programs, etc) is up to date and factually accurate.
- Apply an innovative approach to communication that keeps pace with the rapidly evolving policy environment.
- Support the onboarding and training of interagency users to the ISTIX database, including answering questions on article content and data products on the site and contributing to training on how users can utilize ISTIX written and visual products.
- Domestic and international travel, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- SECRET Security Clearance required to start in position
- 2+ years of experience in digital and visual content development
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and synthesizing data
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally
Competitive Innovations (CI) is a technology partner and trusted advisor to government and industry customers with critical demand for information technology, program management, cyber security, mission support, and secure high integrity web-based solutions. Founded in July 1999, CI’s dedicated professional team is committed to excellence, persistence, and agility in solving complex challenges and delivering innovative solutions. CI is a SBA HUBZone certified small business concern, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner/CSP, Kentico Gold Partner, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedule Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) prime and Navy SeaPort-NxG prime contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or military/veteran status.