Competitive Innovations, LLC is seeking a Polling Analyst to support the U.S. State Department, Bureau of Intelligence and Research, Office of Opinion Research (INR/OPN). The Bureau of Intelligence and Research’s (INR) primary mission is to harness intelligence to serve U.S. diplomacy. INR’s Office of Opinion Research (INR/OPN) conducts analysis of foreign opinion in all regions of the world, provides intelligence support to Department principals, and conducts public opinion polls and surveys to gauge foreign attitudes toward governance, international security, trade and economy, ethnic and social relations, democratic transitions, and other issues.
The position will be based domestically, with occasional travel, to provide technical and analytical support to INR/OPN’s work in Africa. Responsibilities include:
- Developing objectives and plans for research in Africa and taking the lead on project planning for a number of key countries;
- Project leader on five country studies;
- Designing nationwide public opinion surveys;
- Developing new methodologies to conduct public opinion surveys in Africa;
- Traveling overseas to supervise in person the beginning stages of survey projects and making changes necessary to ensure firms are adhering to best practices
- Reporting results from such polls and other acquired surveys in the region by writing clear, concise assessments, and interpretative opinion analyses for the Secretary of State and other top-level officials in the United States Government foreign policy community;
- Briefing the results to key consumers, such as the staff at U.S. Embassies in Africa, the NSC, and AFRICOM;
- Integrating public opinion into intelligence assessments;
- Keeping up with activities and developments in Africa;
- Demonstrating subject area expertise on specific countries of policymaker interest;
- Producing a wide array of INR written products.
- TOP SECRET (with SCI eligibility) security clearance
- Master's degree and 3-4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience designing public opinion surveys
- Survey analysis and reporting experience
- Ability to travel internationally
- Experience leading projects
- Africa region expertise
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Competitive Innovations (CI) is a technology partner and trusted advisor to government and industry customers with critical demand for information technology, program management, cyber security, mission support, and secure high integrity web-based solutions. Founded in July 1999, CI’s dedicated professional team is committed to excellence, persistence, and agility in solving complex challenges and delivering innovative solutions. CI is a SBA HUBZone certified small business concern, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner/CSP, Kentico Gold Partner, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedule Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) prime and Navy SeaPort-NxG prime contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or military/veteran status.