Competitive Innovations, LLC (CI) is seeking a Financial Accountant to provide services to support the oversight of financial activities for various federal assistance programs. The position is located within the Office of the Executive Director, Finance-Program Division (OES-DRL/EX/FPD) in the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor Office. The position is located in Washington, D.C. and may require some travel to Charleston, South Carolina.
- Serve as Key point of contact in providing assistance in oversight and management of an estimated budget of $80M in Economic Support Funding (ESF)
- Provide Assistance to the Finance Manager in managing and coordinating program funding portfolio
- Serve on the team of experts in the field finance and budget in the Financial Management Division in managing a budget of over $350M in program funding in a highly tasked and challenging environment in the Executive Directorate.
- Monitor budget execution of the Economic Support Fund (ESF) payment drawdowns to ensure program objectives are met by the grant officer representative (GOR) such a required financial and performance reports.
- Draft correspondence to report financial findings on account discrepancies for review by Chief Budget Officer and Finance Manager when applicable.
- Assist when applicable in coordinating Brown Bag workshops the Travel Review Team (TRT) in support of our travel customers in both OES and DRL bureaus in an effort to minimize the number of incoming inquiries to the helpdesk.
- Liaise with offices involved in financial review of reports and acquisition documents that contain foreign assistance program funding
- Skillfully communicate verbally and in writing to provide briefings, status updates, and advice upon request to the other DRL/FPD staff and senior personnel on any ESF account issues
- Prepare responses to auditor inquiries on prior year accounts and oversee the portfolio consisting of 80 % of the ESF funding for Grants, Interagency Acquisition Agreements, Cooperative Agreements and contracts designed to contribute to the mission and objective for the advancement of human rights, civil society, rule of law, and good governance through international programs.
- SECRET Security clearance required
- Experience in program administration, operating procedures, oversight and monitoring.
- Knowledge of laws, rules, policies, and regulations regarding administration of grants.
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and multi-task in a high volume, fast-pace work environment.
- Good capability with standard software, including the complete Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint), and an ability to learn and work with other software, as well as database applications.
- The ability to plan, organizes, and prioritizes multiple assignments with tight deadlines that often require coordination with other offices.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to provide information and assistance, prepare correspondence and reports, explain policies and procedures, participate in meetings, and solve problems.
Competitive Innovations (CI) is a technology partner and trusted advisor to government and industry customers with critical demand for information technology, program management, cyber security, mission support, and secure high integrity web-based solutions. Founded in July 1999, CI’s dedicated professional team is committed to excellence, persistence, and agility in solving complex challenges and delivering innovative solutions. CI is a SBA HUBZone certified small business concern, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner/CSP, Kentico Gold Partner, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedule Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) prime and Navy SeaPort-NxG prime contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or military/veteran status.