Competitive Innovations, LLC is seeking an Administrative Specialist to provide services to support the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor (DRL), Administrative Services Division. The Administrative Services Division requires staff augmentation to provide support for the full range of administrative functions, including receiving, reviewing, and processing requests for supplies, equipment, furniture and office services as assigned for the entire bureau.
- Responsible for directing, implementing, coordinating a variety of management programs impacting the Bureau
- Plans and conducts special studies, personally or through team members, provides advice to managers of headquarters functions, and develops and evaluates policies in assigned areas of responsibility
- Plans, conducts or participates in special studies as part of teams or task forces and provides assistance to headquarters, domestic organizations outside Washington, DC
- Interprets government-wide legislation and regulations as well as Departmental policies affecting areas of responsibility and assesses their impact on Bureau program activities, takes or recommends actions to achieve organizational objectives, and recommends future program objectives and improvements
- Responsible for providing oversight and coordinating the identification, analysis and issuance of policies with managers and top level officials of the Bureau
- Serves as the focal point for issues affecting and impacting Bureau missions and functions. Determines the applicability and effect of new or proposed legislation, executive orders, departmental directives and other agency decisions on Bureau operations, managerial programs, and requirements
- Typical assignments require developing detailed reports and processes related to planning, tracking, and evaluating progress in accomplishing program goals and objectives
- Plans, develops, and coordinates planning management through briefings, presentations and conferences for executive management
- Ensures that accurate, appropriately concise and timely information is available to executive management
- Directs the review of all submissions for substance, conformance with instructions, completeness and authorizations.
- May require travel to support mission related taskings.
- SECRET security clearance required
- Mastery of advanced management and organizational skills, including the application of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods, in order to develop processes and measurable indicators for maintaining, improving, and assessing program effectiveness
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Bureau’s and the Department’s structure, missions, functions, and operations to coordinate extensive studies related to assessing and improving the Bureau’s program planning, budgeting, contracting, evaluation or other activities related to accomplishing its mission, a plus
- Ability to communicate orally to conduct fact finding interviews, meet and deal with management officials, and present recommendations to management
- Ability to communicate in writing to develop policy, guidance, instructions, and reports of findings and recommendations
Competitive Innovations (CI) is a technology partner and trusted advisor to government and industry customers with critical demand for information technology, program management, cyber security, mission support, and secure high integrity web-based solutions. Founded in July 1999, CI’s dedicated professional team is committed to excellence, persistence, and agility in solving complex challenges and delivering innovative solutions. CI is a SBA HUBZone certified small business concern, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner/CSP, Kentico Gold Partner, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedule Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) prime and Navy SeaPort-NxG prime contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or military/veteran status.