Competitive Innovations, LLC is seeking a mid-Level Data Scientist to support a major federal customer. The position is located within a division that provides services that analyze and produce enhanced cyber security and threat intelligence information to include threats and potential threats to the customer’s personnel, information, and information systems; provides timely and relevant intelligence to assist with mitigating cyber threats confronting the Department; supports evaluation, implementation, and operations of tools/technologies used in advanced data analysis.
The Data Scientist will support the customer’s overall cyber threat analysis efforts. The data scientist, is responsible for applying machine learning and advanced analytics techniques to solve industry problems and developing software to be used for a range of machine learning and advanced analytics techniques, including predictive modeling, anomaly detection, customer profiling and segmentation, text analytics and big data analytics in solving our cyber security problems or helping others to speed up their searching or problem identifying.
- Active Secret clearance (clearable to TS/SCI)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related technical discipline, preferred
- CISSP, CCSP certifications, preferred
- 4 years of experience in technical data analysis with increasing responsibilities
- 3 years of experience in intelligence or technical analysis with a focus on cyber threat analysis and threat modeling, to include preparing and presenting results
- Experience building models on real world problems
- Software development experience in Java/R/Python/Pandas/Scikit-learn
- Expertise in Machine Learning and advanced analytics
- Experience in Natural language processing
- Expertise in Splunk and machine learning tools
- Working knowledge of data analysis techniques to support cyber threat intelligence
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively research, write, communicate and brief to varying levels of audiences to include at the executive level
- Highly self-motivated and capable of completing ad hoc and time sensitive assignments
- Previous experience working within cross functional and interdisciplinary project teams to achieve tactical and strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills.
- Passion to answer Product/Engineering questions with data
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
Competitive Innovations (CI) is a solutions provider to government and industry, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia. CI serves customers with critical requirements – including national and cyber security -- in information technology, management, mission support, training, and web solutions. Founded in July 1999, CI is committed to the core values of integrity and service. CI is a small business concern, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, and Kentico Gold Partner proudly serving both public and private sector customers. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or military/veteran status.