Senior Cyber Security Engineer
Competitive Innovations, LLC is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to conduct in-depth analysis of user activity data employing technical and non-technical disciplines to transform data into actionable information in support of a major federal agency customer.
- Analyze and report technical and intelligence information to provide indications, analysis, and trends identified through behavioral analysis of data
- Examine and analyze data, prioritize significant events for further investigation, correlate information with other information sources to establish context, and compile noteworthy information into analytic reports for working groups and senior management
- Review sensitive electronic and hard copy investigative and intelligence community reporting, collaborating with internal and external entities via working groups, conferences, or task forces, and preparing summary documents, briefings, assessments, graphical representations of data, and other written products
- Perform data acquisitions from live hosts located worldwide using various Windows and forensics tools; and ensure chain of custody and control procedures
- Conduct trend and anomaly analysis of user activity data and use data analytic and visualization tools
- Partner with business areas to provide ad-hoc data reporting and perform hands-on quantitative, statistical, and operational analysis to determine and communicate meaningful and actionable patterns, trends, insights and recommendations
- Perform assessments of malicious or suspicious activities to determine potential security risks
- Prepare comprehensive and detailed court-ready case documentation and written notes and reports regarding findings
- Develop program policies, processes, and procedures, provide user support, conduct group training sessions, and provide one-on-one tool training services to case agents and supporting personnel.
- TS Clearance (clearable to SCI)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related technical discipline is desired.
- CISSP, CISM, Security+ desired
- 5 years of experience in engineer/analyst role; preferably in a cyber-security setting
- Knowledgeable of database systems (Oracle and MS SQL); ability to write and execute SQL queries
- Experience with PowerShell, Splunk, IBM SPSS platform using the Modeler module
- Experience with designing and implementing data models to drive threat analysis
- Knowledge of cyber threat indicators
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems
- Experience working with open source and social media data platforms to evaluate suspicious or malicious activities
- Strong quantitative and analytic abilities to analyze and validate data
- Demonstrated expertise in deploying and maintaining tools to facilitate the flow of intelligence analysis and reports.
- Good working knowledge and experience of behavioral, audit, security, and/or policy compliance analysis
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively research, write, communicate and brief to varying levels of audiences to include at the executive level
- Previous experience managing cross functional and interdisciplinary project teams to achieve tactical and strategic objectives
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite products (Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.) and Server
Competitive Innovations (CI) is a technology partner and trusted advisor to government and industry customers with critical demand for information technology, program management, cyber security, mission support, and secure high integrity web-based solutions. Founded in July 1999, CI’s dedicated professional team is committed to excellence, persistence, and agility in solving complex challenges and delivering innovative solutions. CI is a SBA HUBZone certified small business concern, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner/CSP, Kentico Gold Partner, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedule Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) prime and Navy SeaPort-NxG prime contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or military/veteran status.