Competitive Innovations, LLC is seeking a Program Planning Analyst to augment the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Budget and Planning (BP), Planning & Strategic Performance Division (OPP/PSP) staff in completing the Joint Strategic Plan (JSP) process requirements and ensuring that the JSP meets legislative and other federal government performance requirements. This support will address the needs of not only the development of the JSP in year-one, but will also participate in the initial management, monitoring, and evaluation of post-JSP publication activities. This is a full-time position located in Washington, DC.
- Support the JSP Secretariat Working Group in the accomplishment of its core responsibilities, including performing and assisting with overall program/project management for the JSP.
- Augment the strategic planning staff in supporting the development of State bureau and mission-level strategic planning.
- Aid with the participation in directing, managing, and coordinating the strategic planning, performance management, and performance analysis processes at the Federal, interagency, departmental, bureau, and mission level, both during and after the publication of the JSP.
- Manage the storage, retrieval, and cross-agency/bureau access of electronic and physical JSP current working documents, and ultimately the archiving of these documents.
- Coordinate the timing and participation of various Working Groups (WG); assist with WGs administrative activities as needed; aid with drafting and publishing of WG’s Managing for Results and meeting notes.
- Participate in the monitoring and execution of programs and manage projects not necessarily related to the JSP, to ensure timely product delivery and quality assurance for all projects and deliverables regarding bureau and mission Strategic Planning, Performance, and Budget Planning and Formulation (i.e., Congressional Budget Justification, Budget Resource Request, Agency Financial Report).
- Assist in drafting briefs to senior policymakers and bureau planners about the progress on the implementing of strategic planning and performance policy; provides analysis of bureau strategies (JRS and FBS) and Integrated Country Strategies (ICS) for the Department’s senior leadership.
- Supports PSP’s efforts to engage and support Department stakeholders in implementing strategic planning, performance management, and performance analysis initiatives.
- Support of other known and emergent PSP day-to-day activities and reporting requirements (other activities as required).
- Secret security clearance required to start in position.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint) proficiency, and an ability to learn and work with other software, as well as database applications.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods applicable to researching, analyzing, and writing regulatory material and related issue/policy memoranda and interpretations.
- Experience in tracking document flow and clearance processes and distribution of documents to appropriate personnel.
- Familiarity with principles and practices of knowledge management.
- Familiarity with formulating, writing, and implementing reporting mechanisms, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Experience in formulating and writing policies, processes, and procedures for management of the office.
- Experience in developing reports with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ability to learn and work with database applications.
- Demonstrated skills or knowledge of global internet access and research capabilities.
- Experience in program administration, operating procedures, oversight, and monitoring.
- Strong, timely and precise organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong critical and creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and multitask in a high volume, fast-pace work environment.
- Strong ability to also have a flexible, team-oriented approach to work.
- Excellent ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to exercise personal and professional discretion in handling projects of a sensitive nature.
- Exposure to U.S. foreign affairs agencies and/or international organizations.