Competitive Innovations, LLC (CI) is seeking a Budget Analyst to provide technical expertise, assessment, and support in the areas of budget and planning formulation, presentation, execution and reports to fulfill the Bureau of Budget and Planning’s (DOS/BP) strategic goal of improving the efficiency of services it provides to the U.S. Department of State and how technology can better support those services.
This position supports all three phases of the federal budget cycle: formulation, presentation, and execution.
- Support in the formulation of the Department’s annual budget request through support and assistance in developing narrative justifications linking budgets to levels of program effort. Performs work in support of the presentation of the budgets for the assigned program areas.
- Support the formulation and revisions to the annual budget estimate for substantive programs and administrative support activities (e.g. personnel management, information systems management, travel services, transportation, and procurement).
- Verify the accuracy and adequacy of budget justification data submitted in support of budget estimates or requests for allotments by comparison with source documents
- Support in the drafting of responses and provide information, explanations, and clarifications draft responses for Department, OMB, and Congressional questions and inquires.
- Provide factual and concise information for use in defending the budget submission and budget request. Contractor will provide support in the development of briefing materials for the budget submission, including Congressional hearings, testimonies, and staff briefings.
- Monitor and track obligations and expenditures for assigned program and support functions throughout the execution phase of the annual budget.
- Verify that obligations and expenditures occur on a timely basis in accordance within the approved budget.
- Support in drafting of budgetary guidance to bureaus concerning submission of budget requests with current services estimate and program justifications.
- Clearance required: Secret
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field
- 8+ years of relevant experience
Competitive Innovations (CI) is a technology partner and trusted advisor to government and industry customers with critical demand for information technology, program management, cyber security, mission support, and secure high integrity web-based solutions. Founded in July 1999, CI’s dedicated professional team is committed to excellence, persistence, and agility in solving complex challenges and delivering innovative solutions. CI is a SBA HUBZone certified small business concern, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner/CSP, Kentico Gold Partner, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedule Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) prime and Navy SeaPort-NxG prime contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or military/veteran status.