Competitive Innovations, LLC is seeking a Climate Change Finance Specialist to support the Office of Global Change in the Department of State’s Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs (OES/EGC).
As a member of EGC’s climate change finance team, the specialist assists implementing U.S. global climate change policies, with a focus on international climate change finance; helps provide foreign policy support to Office, Bureau, Department and USG on problems and issues related to global climate change finance, mitigation, adaptation, and other issues as assigned. In this effort, the specialist helps evaluate climate change policies and assists in advising Bureau and Department officials on appropriate courses of action and policy alternatives in these areas, participates with others in implementing plans, strategies and policy decisions on climate change as approved by policy makers in DOS and USG, helps prepare preliminary drafts of policy papers and other material, and provides support for negotiations and related diplomatic efforts undertaken in multilateral and bilateral venues. The specialist also supports interagency meetings designed to ensure that climate change policy initiatives, agreements, and negotiations are consistent with U.S. foreign policy, economic, environmental and national security interests, and that the policy development process conforms to all legal and procedural requirements. He/she acts as liaison with other officials within the Bureau, DOS, other Federal agencies, embassies, posts and organizations outside the USG to help ensure that the Department’s views and interests are promoted with respect to current and emerging climate change policy determinations. Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance and DoS badge.
- 5+ years of experience working on international climate change policy
- Advanced degree with coursework in environmental policy, economics, and/or finance.
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to distill complicated technical and policy issues.
- Ability to determine priorities without frequent guidance and to quickly learn and navigate complex organizational structures.
- Ability to communicate clearly, succinctly, and persuasively and draft high-quality written materials in a wide range of formats.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including policymakers, representatives of other governments, business leaders, and members of the non-governmental community.
Competitive Innovations (CI) is a technology partner and trusted advisor to government and industry customers with critical demand for information technology, program management, cyber security, mission support, and secure high integrity web-based solutions. Founded in July 1999, CI’s dedicated professional team is committed to excellence, persistence, and agility in solving complex challenges and delivering innovative solutions. CI is a SBA HUBZone certified small business concern, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner/CSP, Kentico Gold Partner, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedule Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) prime and Navy SeaPort-NxG prime contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or military/veteran status.