Information Technology Intern
At Competitive Innovations (CI), we offer our interns an opportunity to add to their knowledge and skill base in a supportive environment that fosters creativity, learning, and teamwork. We empower you to learn as much as possible while providing the tools, guidance, and flexibility needed to accomplish tasks.
CI seeks motivated and professional individuals to perform a wide variety of tasks and training activities, ranging from basic administrative functions, to more advanced training and certifications involving Kentico CMS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, web development, general research and reporting.
These positions are part-time (40 hours per month) located in Virginia. We are especially focused on investing in individuals who live in a U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) designated Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone), offering opportunities for training and growth, through paid internships, that could lead to direct employment with our customers in career fields such as Cyber Security, Knowledge Management, Information Technology, Cloud Platforms and related Administrative Services.
Primary Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Receive training in Kentico CMS, Microsoft Office 365/Azure, AWS, Cybersecurity, Cloud Architecture, Project Management and other IT platforms
- Perform general project administrative support
- Perform research on a broad range of topics
- Prepare written and oral reports and presentations
- Update/edit corporate internal and external web content/properties/databases
- Assist with technology implementation
- Current four-year college/university student; rising juniors and seniors, preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet/database searches
- Technical coursework, training, and/or certifications preferred
- Computer literate
- Organized and efficient
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must live in a certified HUBZone location. Check your status at:
- Must be committed to working a minimum of 40 hours per month
- Must be trustworthy and eligible to secure and maintain a Government security clearance
- Must have off-site access to a computer with basic word processing and internet capability